After a hard day’s work, there’s nothing better than settling down in a chair and watching your favorite TV show or losing yourself in a good book. But finding that perfect, comfortable position isn’t always that easy as most chairs only offer you one seating position.
When you’ve been on your feet all day you also want to be able to put them up to help alleviate some of the muscular tension. Again, standard chairs don’t offer you this function. So, what’s the solution? You need a leather recliner chair.
Designed to offer you multiple seating positions, a leather recliner chair will provide you with a comfortable place to sit like you’ve never experienced before.
Their leather construction also makes them durable, so you’ll be getting a piece of furniture that lasts for a really long time.
However, with so many options to choose from, finding that perfect reclining chair isn’t an easy task. That’s why we’ve done the hard work for you!
Below, you’ll find our list of the best leather recliner chairs along with a super useful buying guide that is packed with information on what to look for when making your decision.
OUR TOP PICK
OUR TOP PICK
If you’re looking for the ultimate in luxury and comfort, you can’t go wrong with the Seatcraft Diamante Leather Recliner.
This chair is packed with features that don’t only offer you a super-relaxing place to sit, but that will enhance your TV-viewing experience.
Let’s look at the construction of this recliner, first of all. It is made from hand-selected top-grain leather which makes it incredibly durable without sacrificing comfort.
It also features a powered headrest that can be adjusted to several different positions by simply pushing a button.
This allows you to personalize the recliner to the most comfortable position and also helps to reduce neck and shoulder strain.
This leather recliner chair also features hidden in-arm storage, giving you the perfect place to store your remote control, book, or anything else you want to keep close by while you relax.
Each arm features a built-in cup holder too which emits a blue glow, helping you guide your drink into position if you’ve got the lights turned down.
You’ll also find a removable, swivel tray table that gives you a steady surface for any snacks you might want to enjoy while you relax in this leather reclining chair.
And, as if that wasn’t enough, there are built-in SoundShaker™ transducers in the seat that sense sounds coming from your movie and vibrate accordingly.
- Made from hand-selected top-grain leather - gives you ultimate durability and ensures you’re super-comfortable at all times
- Powered headrest - allows you to choose from multiple positions with just the push of a button
- Hidden in-arm storage - offers you a place to keep anything you need while you relax close to hand
- Built-in cup holders - gives you a place to keep your drink and their blue glow helps you guide your drink into place with ease
- SoundShaker™ transducers - these pick up on sounds coming from your television and vibrate, giving you the ultimate movie experience
- Expensive - while the features this leather reclining chair have to offer are incredible, they do come with a higher price tag
Putting your feet up at the end of a long day couldn’t be easier with the ANJ Electric Leather Recliner Chair.
The innovative electric reclining system features two push-activated buttons that gently guide it into position in one smooth motion.
This easy-to-use design also makes this leather recliner a great choice for anybody that might struggle with a traditional lever design.
You can use this button to switch into two different reclining positions.
Selecting position one will raise your feet off the ground, while position two will recline the chair into a 180º position. This makes it perfect for both watching TV and enjoying an afternoon nap.
The overstuffed pillows on the back of the chair and on the headrest offer you a super-comfortable place to sink into while you’re reading a book or watching TV.
Meanwhile, the steel frame with a 300lb weight limit ensures you’re well supported at all times, and adds to this chair’s durability.
On the right-hand side of this leather reclining chair, you’ll find a USB charging port.
This provides you with the perfect place to plug your cell phone in when it needs recharging without having to leave it on the other side of the room.
It’s equally as good for keeping a tablet or laptop charged while you do some online shopping!
- Super-convenient operation - the electric reclining system makes it easy to adjust the chair simply by pressing a button
- Two reclining positions - position one raises your feet from the ground, while position two reclines the chair into a 180º position
- Overstuffed back pillows and headrest - offers you an incredibly comfortable place to relax
- Durable steel frame - keeps the chair steadily in position when reclining and ensures you’re supported at all times
- Built-in USB charging port - provides you with a place to plug in your cell phone, tablet, or laptop
- 300lb weight limit - while the steel frame is really strong, it can only hold up to 300lbs in weight
The Waldo Leather Recliner Club Chair from Great Deal Furniture Store has a classic, traditional design but still offers you the comfort you’d get from a modern-looking recliner.
It’s also one of the most durable reclining chairs you’ll find and is constructed from bonded leather set on a wooden frame.
To help keep the design of the chair as traditional as possible, you won’t find any push buttons or levers. Instead, you simply use your feet and the weight of your body to shift it into the reclining position.
The overstuffed seat cushion offers you a comfortable place to sit, while the padded seat back ensures you’re supported while you relax and recline.
You also have a choice of two reclining options. You can choose to elevate just your feet, or you can recline into a 180º degree position.
- Classic club chair design - perfect if you’d like a traditional-looking piece of furniture but still want the comfort of a reclining chair
- Highly durable - made from bonded leather that is set on a wooden frame
- Easy to operate - simply push back with your legs and the chair will move into a reclining position
- Two reclining positions - you can either put just your feet up or recline into a 180º position
- Overstuffed seat cushion - offers you a comfortable, supportive place to sit
- No extra features - while the design of this chair gives it a traditional look, there aren’t any extra features such as USB ports or cup holders
This Leather Recliner Chair from Denvoko is one of the most budget-friendly choices on our list.
However, despite being relatively inexpensive, it still offers some of the features that you’d expect from a higher-priced reclining chair.
To begin with, it is made from premium-standard PU leather. This doesn’t only make it super-comfortable but means that it is highly durable.
It also features a solid frame that is made from a mixture of metal and wood. This offers even more durability, and it can hold up to 275lbs in weight.
You’re also offered three seating options with this leather recliner. The first of these is as a standard, straight-back chair.
The second option is a half-flat position which raises your feet slightly off the ground. Finally, the third option allows you to recline safely into a 180º position.
This leather reclining chair comes pre-assembled, so it’s practically ready to use straight out of the box.
It also features four sturdy feet with protective, non-marking pads that are designed to stop the chair from sliding out of place on wooden floors.
- Great budget option - a good choice for anybody who wants a leather recliner chair that doesn’t cost too much
- Premium-grade PU leather - comfortable, durable, and easy to clean
- Wooden & metal frame - ensures durability and can support up to 275lbs in weight
- Three seating options - can be used as a straight back chair, raised feet only, or in a 180º reclining position
- Non-marking protective feet - stops the chair from sliding out of place on wooden floors and keeps them protected from scratches
- Sensitive reclining - you need to use your body to switch through different reclining positions, which means it can be easy to lose your position if you shift slightly
If you’re looking for a chair that can do it all, the Esright Leather Massage Recliner Chair could be the piece of furniture of your dreams!
You’re offered a total of 5 different functions including reclining, heating, 360º swivel, and rocking features.
The faux leather upholstery offers a great amount of durability while providing just as much comfort as genuine leather.
The seat cushion, backrest, and arm cushions are stuffed with extra-thick sponge for even more comfort, and this also helps to keep your body supported while you relax.
At the end of each arm, you’ll find a built-in cup holder. There is also hidden storage inside each arm, giving you the perfect place to store all of your essential items such as remote control, glasses, magazines, and books.
This incredible recliner even has a remote control operated massage function that gives you the perfect way to relax after a hard day at the office.
You can also choose between 5 targeted massage modes including back, lumbar, and leg, as well as two intensity levels and a heating option.
- Multiple functions - choose between reclining, heating, 360º swivel, and rocking features for tailored relaxation
- Constructed from faux leather - offers a high level of durability while retaining the comfort of genuine leather
- Extra-thick padding - ensures you’re as comfortable as possible and that you’re well supported at all times
- Built-in cup holders and storage - keeps everything you need within easy reaching distance
- Massage function - for the ultimate relaxing experience, select the massage function and choose between five massage modes and two levels of intensity
- May be complicated to assemble - some people may find it difficult to put this chair together, and it can seem a little daunting as it comes in two separate boxed
Best Leather Recliner Chair Buying Guide
Buying a leather recliner chair might seem like a fairly straightforward task. After all, you know the design and style that will best suit your home. But there are other elements that you need to consider outside of pure aesthetics.
Below, we’ll take a look at some of the key points to bear in mind when you start shopping for a leather recliner chair.
Taking the time to give a little extra thought to each of these will help steer you in the right direction and, ultimately, help you find the best leather recliner chair for your personal needs.
Leather Vs. Faux Leather
As you begin shopping for a leather recliner chair, you’ll notice that some are made from genuine leather while others are made from faux leather. But what is the best option between the two?
To be honest, there isn’t really that much difference.
Genuine leather is tough and durable, so it will last for a really long time. It’s also breathable, so you’ll be kept comfortable even if you’re sitting down for a long period of time.
Faux leather is a man-made material that generally doesn’t contain any animal byproducts.
It’s also super durable but is regarded as being slightly weaker than genuine leather. However, if you’re vegan or you simply don’t like the idea of animals being used to make your furniture, it would be the better choice to go for.
Number of Positions
One of the most important things to consider is how many positions you’d like your leather recliner chair to offer you.
Some will only allow you to raise your feet, while others can be reclined into a 180º position as well. Put simply, the more positions you’re offered, the easier it will be to find that perfect, relaxing position.
You also need to think about how the chair reclines. Some require physical input and you’ll need to push back with your legs and body to get it into the desired position.
These are good if you’d like your recliner to look more like a traditional chair than a modern recliner.
Others have electronic systems that allow you to move the chair into position with just the touch of a button. These are particularly useful for anybody that would struggle using their bodyweight to position the chair.
Padding & Frame
It’s also important to look at the padding of your potential new leather recliner chair.
As a general rule, the more padding your chair has the more comfortable and supported you’ll be. Look for a reclining chair with extra-thick pads or overstuffed cushions if you want the most comfortable reclining experience.
This is a matter of personal preference though, so if you have found from experience that too much padding causes discomfort, go for a reclining chair with a thinner layer of padding.
You also need to look at the frame of the leather recliner. This is an area that many people forget about, but it’s one of the most important elements to consider.
The stronger the frame is, the more supported you’ll be while you relax. There will also be a reduced chance of the chair breaking as you move between different positions over time.
Another reason why the frame is so important is that the materials it’s made from will ultimately dictate the amount of weight it can bear.
Materials such as steel and wood, or a combination of both, are the best to go for. These are naturally strong and, in some cases, can hold up to 300lbs in weight.
Finally, it’s always worth seeing what extra features you can get for your money when you’re buying a leather recliner chair. Some have built-in drinks holders and storage, giving you a place to keep all of your essentials close to hand.
Some leather recliner chairs also have built-in USB charging ports.
These are ideal for charging your cell phone without having to leave it on the other side of the room, or for plugging in your tablet to keep it fully charged while you surf the web!
There are even some leather recliner chairs that have a massage function and built-in heating. This offers you the ultimate relaxing experience and really helps you wind down after a long day.
They are also ideal if you suffer from muscle pain and want to be able to ease your symptoms whenever needed.
Best Leather Recliner Chair - FAQ's
Which is the best type of recliner chair?
This will ultimately come down to personal preference, however, the best type of recliner chair will offer you multiple reclining positions.
It should also be made from a highly durable material, such as leather, and have a frame that can support a heavy load. All of the chairs we’ve chosen above are ideal choices and will help you relax in style!